All the test signals have been recorded with a triangular pdf dither of 1 lsb peak amplitude, the most optimum dither for linearity enhancement and zero noise modulation. The CD contains test tones for noise measurement, headroom and linearity, crosstalk, intermodulation distortion measurements (using both TDF and IM methods), transient checks, plus spot frequencies at ISO standard third-octave increments and various frequency sweeps. All recorded to the most exacting specifications; the best possible in 16-bit digital audio!
* Audiophiles wishing to verify the musicality of their CD player or computer Sound Card.
* Audio HiFi Engineers / Test Engineers wishing to measure the specifications of CD players
* CD player manufacturers wishing to check the specifications of their products.
* Computer Sound Card Design Engineers wishing to measure or check the specification of their Audio Sound Sampling Cards (on any make of computer, PCs, Macs or Acorns etc.)
* Sound Engineers wishing to check the specifications of any audio equipment (such as pre-amplifiers, power amplifiers, audio test equipment, distortion analysers, digital voltmeters, etc) [given the availability of a good CD player].
* Service Engineers servicing HiFi equipment, CD players and test equipment.
The CD is an audio CD only; it does not require a computer of an sort in order to be played.
The Digital Signal Generator program described above was used to generate this precision CD.
The Price You See Is The Price You Pay
no VAT, no postage, no packing.
Please make cheques payable to: R. W. Darlington
Digital Signal Generator
Custom Test CDs